We are currently looking for an experienced administration / marketing assistant to join our friendly team, on a part time basis of 14 hours per week Thursday – Friday. To find out more about the role, please continue reading our candidate specification below.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide all round administrative and marketing assistance to the Director and office.
- To co-ordinate an effective front line response to telephone calls to agreed service standards, passing on telephone calls to the appropriate person or taking messages;
- Carry out client invoicing and help with chasing up of invoices;
- Helping with company accounts – assisting our external Accountant with information;
- Administration of Internal/External Post system;
- Provide general office support and carry out general correspondence, filing and other administrative and office duties as required;
- To provide personal assistant duties to the Director including managing and maintaining the Director’s email account, diary management and ensuring correspondence is dealt with in a timely manner;
- Assist with the maintenance of computer files and databases and undertake data inputting as required;
- Keep Company’s WordPress website and social media accounts, mainly Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, up-to-date by posting project information, news, etc. on a regular basis as well as assisting in preparation of blog content;
- At the discretion of the Practice Manager, to prepare promotional literature on behalf of Richard Andrews Architects Ltd;
- To assist in the organisation of promotional events and meetings and as required;
-To occasionally attend networking events;
- Undertake any other duties as required commensurate with the post’s grading or general level of responsibility;
- Demonstrate informed commitment to equal opportunities, diversity and associated policies;
- To adhere to Health and Safety Legislation/relevant Policies and Procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts/omissions;
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
A level standard or equivalent
Experience of working in an office environment
Experience of dealing with clients
High level of administrative ability
Good communicator, both written and oral
Good computer skills especially with Microsoft Office
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
Great attention to detail
Good at managing tasks and prioritising workload
Effective contributor to a team
A desire to show initiative
Ability to work with minimum supervision
Ability to stay calm under pressure
Previous Marketing experience
Experience of maintaining WordPress websites and other social media platforms
If you'd like to apply please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you're right for the role to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Architectural Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director/Principle Architect
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Day-to-day Technical Aspects of projects such as; new build residentials but also prestigious developments such as The Groomes Event Centre, Guildford and Barry Community Water Activity Centre.
We have an exciting role for an architectural technician to join our busy practice based in Newport, South Wales. We are looking for a team player with a positive work ethic who will enjoy working closely with our in-house architect and other external contacts; providing architectural design services and solutions on projects. Candidates will be responsible for the production of all working technical drawings as well as the preparation of feasibility studies, sketch designs, 3D modelling specification and report writing.
• Collate and organise technical information;
• Investigate technical information and factors that affect developments, including user needs, site and building surveys and regulatory requirements;
• Monitor health and safety in design with H&S Coordinator;
• Prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design and other design software, as well as traditional methods;
• Lead the detailed design process and coordinate detailed design information;
• Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
• Prepare specifications for construction work;
• Carry out design-stage risk assessments;
• Assemble/review tenders for construction work;
• Contribute to meetings and document preparation;
• Liaise between members of the design and construction team, as well as provide professional technical guidance to them;
• Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation/relevant Policies and Procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts/omissions;
• Represent the office of Richard Andrews Architects at networking events or tradeshows, if required;
• Demonstrate an aptitude to undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as delivered by the office of Richard Andrews Architects.
• Degree qualified in Architectural Technology or equivalent;
• A minimum 2 years practical work experience on residential/ mixed use projects;
• Knowledge of UK building regulations and construction detailing;
• Highly Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit;
• Knowledge of technical legislation including current building regulations;
• Ability to interpret technical drawings and designs;
• Maths skills for technical calculations;
• Excellent communication and organisational skills;
• Outstanding attention to details and design.
• Competitive salary dependent upon experience;
• Excellent holiday package;
• Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with an early Friday finish;
• Plus benefits.
About our Practice
Richard Andrews Architects is a thriving and creative design-led architectural practice providing services to commercial and domestic clients across the UK and of course, on our doorstep in Newport, South Wales. We are a Chartered Practice with the RIBA.
With a small and friendly team we work collaboratively together to ensure that the whole design process runs smoothly and efficiently for each client. Our excellent attention to detail delivers great results to the highest standard of every project that we design.
We are currently working on a diverse variety of projects, ranging from domestic extensions and new builds to the extensive redevelopments of Abergwuan Hotel, Fishguard and Cwmbran Village Surgery to name a few.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to establish themselves within a flourishing and creative environment with a real scope to grow with the firm as the company expands.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter briefly demonstrating suitability for the role.
We have an exciting opportunity for two new people to join our very friendly team! We are looking for an architectural technician plus (through Jobs Growth Wales,) an architectural assistant.
What will you be doing?
Our architectural technician will be working closely with our in-house architects, along with other external contacts; providing architectural design services and solutions on projects. The right candidate will be responsible for the production of all working technical drawings as well as the preparation of feasibility studies, sketch designs, 3D modelling specification and report writing.
Meanwhile our new architectural assistant will be busy assisting our principle architect in the design and delivery of 3D and technical drawings and (under supervision) will be delivering projects as well. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate under the age of 24!
We ask that you send your CV to email@example.com for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!