Telephone : 01633 744144

Architects Registration BoardRIBA

RIBA Chartered

Special Offers

  • 1 Hrs Free Consultation with Chartered Practice Architect

Practice Areas

  • Education
    Carrying out design work for Crèche Facilities, Schools, Colleges or simply carry out extension works any of these type of buildings.
  • Residential
    Specializing in the design of Extensions, New Builds, Extra Care Homes and Housing Layout Sites.
  • Office
    New Build, Refurbishment or Extension of Offices and some Retail experience with Restaurant/Estate Agent Design.
  • Leisure
    We are working on numerous Rugby Clubs and an Events Centre in England. We cover all aspects of Leisure including sports facilities, events buildings, village community hall/buildings and numerous others .
  • Research
    Currently working on Flood Risk within buildings. Please email for further details.


Richard Andrews Architects undertakes a range of commissions varying in scale and complexity. We can take on 'Full Service' appointments which run from conception to completion. We are also happy to assist clients in any isolated project stages.

Examples of services include:


RIBA Full Service

We comply fully with the guidelines set out in the RIBA(Royal Institute of Architects) Plan of Work (PDF), which sets out all work stages of an architect's work.



We can undertake all aspects of extension work, from design to planning advice, this includes Building Regulations approval.


New Builds

Richard Andrews Architects has lots of experience working on residential and commercial new build projects.


3D Visualisations

3D imagery can be used for a variety of purposes, from forming part of a planning application to bringing a project to life for a wider audience.

For example:- An Estates Department might need to show  the local community what a new residential scheme will look like, or a retailer might want to showcase a planned shopping arcade to their customers.


Code for Sustainable Homes Assistance

The Code for Sustainable Homes requires all new homes to carry a 'Code Assessment' between 0-6 indicating the level of sustainability in the construction of the property.

Richard Andrews Architects can provide you with advice and assistance regarding the sustainability of your building project.


Pre Planning Enquires

Most local authorities offer a Pre Planning Service, allowing you to seek feedback from your local planning department about intended planning applications.

For example:- You may wish to find out whether your proposal is feasible or whether you need to seek planning permission.

Richard Andrews Architects can advise you on the most cost effective way of making a Pre Planning enquiry and supply you with any details or drawings you may need.


Building Regulations

If your project involves a new build or a modification to an existing building, you will need to apply for Building Regulations in order to obtain Building Control approval. This requires submitting a set of drawings to the local authority and having on-site inspections by the Building Control Officer during the build.

Richard Andrews Architects can help you with all stages of applying for Building Regulations.


Conservation Areas

If your development is within a conservation area then your planning application will need to be assessed by Conservation Officers as well as going through the usual local authority procedures. You will also need to supply a Design & Access statement explaining the designer's intended design ethos.

Richard Andrews Architects has worked on many projects within conservation areas and can get involved in early discussions with the Conservation Officer as well as managing a successful application on your behalf.


Party Wall Notices

If your building works are going to affect a neighbouring wall then you will need to adhere to the Party Wall Act of 1996.

This involves serving a Party Wall notice to your neighbour before you begin building works so that they know what you're proposing. It is a requirement that your neighbours agree to the work and you must keep a record of what has been agreed.

Richard Andrews Architects can assist you in serving a Party Wall notice to your neighbours.


Planning Applications

If you're building a property or planning an extension, an application for Planning Permission from your Local Authority's planning department is essential.

At Richard Andrews Architects, we have years of experience submitting successful planning applications to local authorities all around the UK. We can offer our assistance with all documentation required for the planners, including existing and proposed site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, the Design & Access statement as well as completing the application forms for you.


Additional services

We also provide services for Contract Administration, Listed Building Works, Tender Submission, Sketch Schemes, Master Planning and Interior Design. Contact us for further details.