JOB TITLE: Architectural Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director/Principle Architect
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Day-to-day Technical Aspects of projects such as; new build residentials but also prestigious developments such as The Groomes Event Centre, Guildford and Barry Community Water Activity Centre.
We have an exciting role for an architectural technician to join our busy practice based in Newport, South Wales. We are looking for a team player with a positive work ethic who will enjoy working closely with our in-house architect and other external contacts; providing architectural design services and solutions on projects. Candidates will be responsible for the production of all working technical drawings as well as the preparation of feasibility studies, sketch designs, 3D modelling specification and report writing.
• Collate and organise technical information;
• Investigate technical information and factors that affect developments, including user needs, site and building surveys and regulatory requirements;
• Monitor health and safety in design with H&S Coordinator;
• Prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design and other design software, as well as traditional methods;
• Lead the detailed design process and coordinate detailed design information;
• Produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
• Prepare specifications for construction work;
• Carry out design-stage risk assessments;
• Assemble/review tenders for construction work;
• Contribute to meetings and document preparation;
• Liaise between members of the design and construction team, as well as provide professional technical guidance to them;
• Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation/relevant Policies and Procedures and to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be adversely affected by your acts/omissions;
• Represent the office of Richard Andrews Architects at networking events or tradeshows, if required;
• Demonstrate an aptitude to undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) as delivered by the office of Richard Andrews Architects.
• Degree qualified in Architectural Technology or equivalent;
• A minimum 2 years practical work experience on residential/ mixed use projects;
• Knowledge of UK building regulations and construction detailing;
• Highly Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit;
• Knowledge of technical legislation including current building regulations;
• Ability to interpret technical drawings and designs;
• Maths skills for technical calculations;
• Excellent communication and organisational skills;
• Outstanding attention to details and design.
• Competitive salary dependent upon experience;
• Excellent holiday package;
• Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with an early Friday finish;
• Plus benefits.
About our Practice
Richard Andrews Architects is a thriving and creative design-led architectural practice providing services to commercial and domestic clients across the UK and of course, on our doorstep in Newport, South Wales. We are a Chartered Practice with the RIBA.
With a small and friendly team we work collaboratively together to ensure that the whole design process runs smoothly and efficiently for each client. Our excellent attention to detail delivers great results to the highest standard of every project that we design.
We are currently working on a diverse variety of projects, ranging from domestic extensions and new builds to the extensive redevelopments of Abergwuan Hotel, Fishguard and Cwmbran Village Surgery to name a few.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to establish themselves within a flourishing and creative environment with a real scope to grow with the firm as the company expands.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter briefly demonstrating suitability for the role.